When your loved one enters our SHINE® Memory Care neighborhood, our goal is to guide them along a journey of discovery in all that they do. We have nurses and certified nurse assistants (with ongoing education) who have undergone specialized training in memory care diseases-chart which is a course for them to explore various important aspects of life. This program is designed to preserve and rebuild what their symptoms have taken from them.
What Is a Memory Care Community?
Our SHINE® Memory Care program curriculum has earned a National Certificate of Recognition from the Alzheimer’s Association®, the country’s leading, voluntary health organization dedicated to Alzheimer’s care and research. The distinction is one that we share with a small and elite group of U.S. memory care providers. SHINE® is a uniquely personalized approach to memory care which uses scientific principles to promote engagement, comprehension and lifestyle quality for your loved one diagnosed with dementia including Alzheimer’s Disease and other memory-related conditions. At The Trace, we understand the challenges people with memory-related illnesses face. In our memory care community, you’ll find experienced team members who provide comprehensive, compassionate care..
The SHINE® Memory Care Program focuses on:
Discover Confidence, Independence, and Self-Esteem
The Trace’s SHINE® Memory Care Program makes a practice of the following:
- Promoting physical exercise, and striving to maintain social contacts, and stimulating cognitive acuity
- Instead of focusing on our residents’ limitations, we focus on their strengths
- Encouragement to actively participate in daily life activities.
- Celebrating small successes regularly as they come
Discover Delicious Dining
At our SHINE® Memory Care community, we also provide:
- Healthy meals that promote an overall healthy lifestyle
- Active social participation in dining, and providing assistance as needed
- A calm, peaceful dining environment and service at the same time each day, which allows residents to focus on eating
- “Food on the Run” service for residents who frequently wander or have trouble focusing at mealtime
Discover and Experience Fun and Engaging Activities
An active mind equals a healthy mind. To this end, The Trace offers:
- Activities that are customized to each resident’s abilities
- Purpose-driven activities in both small groups and on a one-to-one basis
- Activities and games that are age-appropriate, non-competitive and failure-free
- Consideration in terms of likes and dislikes with each resident
Perhaps the most important aspect of our memory care program is a sense of belonging. Our SHINE® program includes:
- Play and leisure activities that promote friendship and fun
- Active support with activities that help to foster a sense of self-reliance and independence
- Work activities and productive exercises to get a sense of personal success and self-worth
What Makes Our Memory Care Program Special
Our SHINE® Memory Care Program is built around various discoveries from confidence, independence, self-esteem, dining, friendship and belonging, and fun and exciting activities. The program conducts this by highlighting:
- Team Member Training – Each SHINE® team member receives extensive, specialized training and certification, to make them qualified to administer extraordinary care.
- Communication – creating a stronger bond between residents, families, and care providers through superior communication protocol.
- Dining – Our dining experience uses subtle sciences to stimulate interaction, appetite, participation, and awareness.
- Life Enhancement – Purpose-driven enrichment via sensory experiences, one-on-one and group activities, and quiet and relaxing moments.
- Neighborhood Design – Created with safety and security, convenience, health, and happiness in mind.
- My Story – As a component of the care plan and to help engage residents by celebrating both their individuality and life, a handcrafted, My Story book is used daily.
Contact Our Dedicated Team to Guide You in Your Decision
You have our word that your family members will be in the best hands, receiving the best care. Reach out to the team at The Trace and discover the difference our SHINE® Memory Care Program can make.