When your loved one enters our SHINE® Memory Care neighborhood, our goal is to guide them along a journey of discovery in all that they do. Our nurses and certified nurse assistants–with ongoing education and specialized training in memory care diseases–chart a course of exploration for them that touches on various important aspects of life. The program is designed to rebuild and preserve what their affliction has taken from them.
What Is a Memory Care Community?
Our SHINE® Memory Care Program curriculum has received a national Certificate of Recognition from the Alzheimer’s Association®, the country’s leading, voluntary health organization dedicated to Alzheimer’s care and research. One of only eight nationally recognized programs, SHINE® is a uniquely personalized approach to memory care that uses scientific principles to promote engagement, comprehension and lifestyle quality for seniors living with dementia, including Alzheimer’s Disease and other memory-related issues. At The Trace, we understand the challenges people with memory diseases face. In our memory care communities, you’ll find experienced team members who provide comprehensive, compassionate care.
The SHINE® Memory Care Program focuses on:
Discover Independence, Confidence and Self-Esteem
The Trace’s SHINE® Memory Care Program makes a practice of the following:
- Promoting physical exercise, stimulating cognitive acuity and striving to maintain social contacts
- Focusing on residents’ strengths rather than limitations
- Encouraging active participation in the activities of daily life
- Regularly celebrating small successes as they come
Discover Delicious Dining
At our SHINE® Memory Care community, we also provide:
- Healthy meals that promote an overall healthy lifestyle
- Active social participation in dining, and providing assistance as needed
- A calm, peaceful dining environment and service at the same time each day, which allows residents to focus on eating
- Our “Food on the Run” service for residents who frequently wander or have trouble focusing at mealtime
Discover Fun and Engaging Activities
We know that an active mind is a healthy mind. To this end, The Trace offers:
- Purpose-driven activities in both small groups and on a one-to-one basis
- Activities that are customized to each resident’s abilities
- Games and activities that are age-appropriate, non-competitive and failure-free
- Opportunities designed with each resident’s likes and dislikes in mind
Perhaps the most important aspect of our memory care program is a sense of belonging. Our SHINE® program includes:
- Active support with activities that help to foster a sense of self-reliance and independence
- Work activities and productivity exercises that provide a sense of personal success and self-worth
- Play and leisure activities that promote friendship and fun
What Makes Our Memory Care Program Special
Our exclusive SHINE® Memory Care program is built around an exploration of discovery. Discovering independence, confidence, self-esteem, dining, fun and engaging activities and friendship and belonging. The program does this by emphasizing:
- Communication – A superior communication protocol closely links care providers, residents and families.
- Team Member Training – Each SHINE® team member receives extensive, specialized training and certification, making them uniquely qualified to administer exceptional care.
- My Story – A handcrafted, My Story book is used every day as a component of the care plan, and helps engage residents by celebrating their life and individuality.
- Dining – Our dining experience uses subtle sciences to stimulate appetite, interaction, awareness and participation.
- Life Enhancement – Purpose-driven enrichment through group and one-on-one activities, sensory experiences and quiet and relaxed moments.
- Neighborhood Design – Created with safety and security, convenience and health and happiness in mind.
Contact Our Dedicated Team to Guide You in Your Decision
You have our word that your family members will be in the best hands, receiving the best care. Reach out to the team at The Trace and discover the difference our SHINE® Memory Care Program can make.