A senior living community can offer a variety of senior living options that may include assisted living, memory care, and others. For older individuals who require assistance with their activities of daily living, an assisted living community provides the care they need for bathing, toileting, dressing, grooming, feeding, and overall mobility. They will also receive support for other daily chores such as cooking, cleaning, and driving. Older individuals with memory-related conditions such as Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia, a memory care community provides specialized care that can help enhance their memory and improve their quality of life. Learn more about the different types of senior apartments in NOLA that offer different features each.
Assisted Living Senior Apartment Homes
For assisted living, residents are free to select different sizes of one-bedroom senior apartment homes. Each senior apartment comes equipped with safety features like grab bars, emergency call systems, and anti-slip flooring to help residents retire in a secure environment. Residents also get their own kitchenette for light cooking that comes equipped with top-class appliances. Each senior apartment also features various modern fixtures like home décor and furnishings which residents can personalize according to their personal preferences.
Memory Care Senior Apartment Homes
Memory care residents are given the choice of a spacious suite that comes with an en-suite bathroom. The bathroom comes equipped with grab bars and anti-slip tiles to prevent injuries and falls. Memory care senior apartment homes do not come with a kitchenette as residents have their meals prepared and served in a grand dining hall. Meals are served three times a day and prepared with the freshest ingredients that are full of flavor and nutrients. Residents are free to have their meals at a timing that is most convenient for them so they can have a pleasant dining experience. For memory care residents, meal assistance is provided if it is needed. Residents will enjoy an appealing presentation of meals that promotes active participation during each meal service.
Benefits of Assisted Living
- Personalized Care – Assisted living focuses on each resident’s unique health needs, experience, and personal preferences. Team members interact with every resident to understand their needs and make them feel at home.
- Assistance with Daily Living Activities – Assisted living residents will receive assistance with their activities of daily living.
- Safety and Security – An assisted living community is a gated community that provides round-the-clock surveillance. Other safety and security features are also implemented across the community including anti-slip flooring, grab bars, cameras, security guard, and others.
- Social Activities – Residents are free to participate in a wide array of social activities with fellow neighbors with whom they can interact and make friends. They get to stay active both physically and mentally.
Benefits of Memory Care
- Specialized Care – Residents of a memory care community will receive specialized care for their memory-related conditions facilitated by highly trained professionals.
- Safe Environment – Extensive care will be delivered to prevent wandering, reduce confusion, and manage agitation.
- Catered Meals – Residents will receive meal assistance to promote active participation in every meal service.